Spill Response, Sediment Control and Water Treatment for Environmental Use
Keep your local flora and fauna flourishing and your environment thriving by using ABASCO’s high-performing, long-lasting containment products.
ABASCO designs, develops and delivers durable, reliable floating turbidity curtains, baffles, debris barriers and skimmers for your most demanding environmental uses:
- Rid shorelines of trash and debris
- Control invasive plants
- Eliminate marine life, such as jellyfish, that can disrupt ecosystems
- Keep wastewater and pollution control ponds clean
Providing the Product You Need
ABASCO’s environmental floating turbidity curtains, environmental containment booms, water baffles and skimmers are expertly engineered, skillfully constructed and rigidly tested to efficiently and effectively help keep your environment clean and safe.
Turbidity curtains contain sediment and silt stirred up by construction activities in or near bodies of water.
ABASCO’s turbidity curtains have a series of continuous flotation elements along its top and a fabric skirt hanging below the floats. The skirt is typically long enough to be within one foot of the bottom and can be used to contain various turbidity.
ABASCO’s turbidity curtains usually come in lengths of 25, 50 or 100 feet. Those sections are combined into one continuous protective barrier.
ABASCO manufactures three types of turbidity curtains, for use depending on applications and environmental variables.
Type 1 turbidity curtains, also referred to as type 1 silt curtains, are floating barriers that control sediment or runoff in calm waters:
- Small Ponds
- Calm water lakes
- Construction sites
- Protected inland areas
Use ABASCO’s Type 1 economy turbidity curtains in protected waters where the effects of wind, waves, and current are minimal:
- Use in water between 2 and 20 feet deep
- Available in lengths of 25, 50 and 100 feet
- Made of high-quality PVC-coated polyester fabric
- Bottom tension member
- Marine-grade flotation
ABASCO’s Type 2 turbidity curtains contain silt and turbidity in moving water. Use Type 2 turbidity curtains in areas with mild current, wind, and wave activity:
- Slow-moving rivers
- Inter-coastal areas
- Tidal areas
Type 2 turbidity curtains are long-lasting and high-performing:
- Made of high strength fabric
- Heavy duty tension members
- Aluminum stress plates cornering bottom skirt
ABASCO also offers a Type 2 medium duty version includes heavy duty tension members at the top and bottom of the curtain, and manufactured of high-quality 18 oz. PVC laminated fabric.
ABASCO Type 3 turbidity curtains combine high-strength fabric with several other features for use in areas with moderate current, wind and wave activity:
- Open water exposed to wind and waves
ABASCO’s Type 3 heavy duty turbidity curtains:
- Tension members above and below flotation and bottom of curtain
- Reinforced fabric
- Stress plates at bottom skirt corners
- Use in water between 3 and 130 feet
- Made of 22 oz. PVC-coated polyester
ABASCO’s aquatic plant barriers allows water to move through curtain mesh and prevents sargassum or seaweed accumulating along shorelines.
ABASCO’s aquatic booms:
- Deflect vegetation where installed
- Offer long-term or seasonal protection from buildup
- Do not trap animals or cause serious injury or death
- Safe for surrounding environment
- Available in five high-quality models
- Heights range from 15 inches to 75 inches
ABASCO’s floating baffles control flow and circulation in wastewater treating ponds, eliminating dead zones, increasing treatment efficiency, and improving water quality.
ABASCO’s floating and water lagoon baffles use serpentine hydraulic flow patterns to create bio-separators, which significantly reduce Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) and Total Suspended Solids (TSS).
ABASCO’s floating baffles:
- Extremely durable
- Heavy duty tension members at top and bottom of curtain
- Resistant to UV, chemicals, and acids
- Made of coated polyster fabric
- Cost Effective Design
- Installation support available
- Available in Light Duty, Medium Duty, Heavy Duty models
For almost 50 years, ABASCO has designed and developed high-performing, long-lasting floating barriers that catch and contain floating objects.
Marine life obstructing, clogging and infiltrating seawater desalination plants and cooling water intakes is a global safety problem. Fish and other aquatic animals such as jellyfish can be an operational hazard and safety risk for these facilities.
ABASCO’s aquatic debris barriers effectively limit the spread of aquatic plant and animal life, trash, plastic, logs, timbers, and other fragments. ABASCO’s floating barriers:
- Keep beaches clean
- Eliminate invasive jellyfish and other marine life
- Control aquatic plants like sargassum, seaweed, duckweed and hyacinth
ABASCO’s heavy duty floating barriers utilize a proven, robust design for an extended service life with limited field maintenance. Use ABASCO’s heavy duty debris barriers for long-term management of:
- Storm water systems
- Coastal protection
Skimmers are mechanical devices used to collect oil from the surface of the water and keep it from tainting shorelines and harming wildlife.
ABASCO’s skimmers remove crude, refined, animal, or vegetable oils from surface waters, and can be used for a wide variety of environmental uses.
- Easy to use
- Models powered by diesel hydraulic, electric-hydraulic, or pneumatic
Delivering the Service You Deserve
For almost a half century, ABASCO has delivered high-performing, long-lasting products to clean up spills, contain sediment, control wastewater and maintain water quality in even the most challenging areas.
ABASCO’s durable, reliable products are used in a wide variety industries including major oil and gas firms, power companies, marine operations, oil spill contractors, the Navy and Coast Guard, railroads, transportation firms, mining and municipal waste water treatment plants.
ABASCO has the experience, expertise and equipment to supply the turbidity curtains, containment booms, skimmers, baffles and barriers you need for all your exacting and demanding water control and containment applications.
- Operating since 1975
- Diverse product line serves a wide variety of industries
- Equipment distributed around the globe
- 30,000 square foot headquarters/manufacturing plant
- ISO 9001:2000 compliant
- Products stocked and ready for immediate shipment for emergencies
- Easy access to international airport and major ports
- Durable, reliable products designed to meet market needs
- Dedicated, professional staff
- Can customize products for unique applications
- Products meet all ASTM and OPA 90 standards
- Established network of consultants and sub-contractors provide specialized training
- Active member of international groups monitoring oil spills, sediment control and wastewater
- Can activate additional personnel if needed